Alternative breakfast that you can try …..a Smoothie bowl
A smoothie bowl is a great way to have an alternative breakfast which will get all the vital nutrients into your body. It is simple and tastes amazing. This smoothie bowl is a bit of a cheat because its a chocolate and peanut smoothie bowl. However, it is a vegan meal and has all the essential amino acids in. The powder that I add to this shake is from Form nutrition. It is the best tasting vegan powder that I have found on the market. To be honest its better than a whey powder because it doesn’t leave you bloated of feeling heavy. I actually had a client let me try there’s and from then on out I didn’t turn back.
What to buy for the smoothie bowl
- 1 scoop Chocolate and peanut Form nutrition vegan protein powder
- 3 strawberries
- 1 half a frozen avocado
- 200ml Almond milk or coconut milk (you can use regular milk)
- 1 whole banana
- almond or cashew
- 1-2 scoops of oats
How to make it
- Place the avocado and banana in a nutribullet cup.
- Add the liquid and then the protein powder and the oats.
- Mix up the content until it is a smooth pudding type mixture that you can eat with a spoon.
- Add the mixture to a bowl.
- Cut the strawberries into slices to go on top. Add the neatly to one side of the bowl.
- And then sprinkle almonds or cashew on the other side of the smoothie bowl.
- Enjoy your breakfast.
Personal trainers last note:
A smoothie bowl for breakfast doesn’t have to be full of sugar with loads of different fruit. This mixture has all your vital nutrients for the day ahead, including your natural fats and protein. It is totally a vegan meal and fills you up a lot, I like it because it’s something different to a banana pancake or porridge. If you try this at home be sure to buy the Form protein powder. It’s one that as a personal trainer in Windsor I’ve found it to be very easy to drink and doesn’t have a nasty after taste.