Left overs in the fridge
At the end of a busy week there is usually left overs. Food from meals that you made more or just some ingredients to make something with. This may be the end of your week or the next day is grocery day so you don’t want to go out to the shop to get more food if your getting food tomorrow. So, you make up a meal and you can be creative with it. Which give you a great meal out of your left overs.
Be creative with your food will make it fun
Having fun making up a small meal can be really inspiring for your future dishes. Today I had the idea of putting slices of toasted wrap around my Mexican inspired dish so that I can use them to dip into the meal. It made it fun and original. This is something that I would never of thought of if I was cooking a planned meal because I wouldn’t want to ruin it. Now that I know it works, I will start to add it into other meals that we create. Extra tip: If you like Hummus, you can make these toasted wrap slices and dip them into hummus.
What did I have left over in my fridge
- Left over cooked chicken from the slow cooker.
- Left over cut up peppers
- A little bit of Salsa
- Tortila wraps
- Brown rice with a stock cube
- 1 onion
- 4 mushrooms
What I made
- I sliced and fried the onions and the mushrooms in some oil. Then added the cooked chicken to heat it up a little.
- Boiled the rice for 20 minutes with a stock cube in it.
- Sliced the tortilla wrap into easy functional chips and toasted them in the grill for 4 minutes on a low heat.
- I then placed the rice, chicken mix and some salsa in a bowl. Placed the Tortilla chips around the bowl in a crown shape. Then finished it off with some left over green and red peppers.
Some of my personal training client in Windsor come to the same realisation at the end of the week. I think most families do. If you look in your cupboard and fridge there hopefully is something that you can make up a meal with. Even a personal trainer gets to the same point you do. And I know in these instances it is easy to just pick up the phone and order a take away. However, you can make something healthier if you used your imagination to make up a meal from your left overs. This will propel your momentum more in the right direction instead of taking the easy route.