Monday Meal: Italian style meatballs
This Italian style meatball dish is great to add to you list of weekly or fortnightly meals. It is good to keep things interesting throughout the cycle of 1-2 weeks so that things don’t get boring with your food choices. The difficult aspect of food is never to eat the same thing all the time. The foods that you really like can start to become foods that you dislike just by eating them too often. You have to get excited about the food that you eat. The only way to do that is to change the type of food you cook regularly. This gets different nutrition into your body more frequently so you don’t develop a nutritional problem or become malnourished.
If you try this Italian style meatball dish it will add some variety to your meals. It isn’t hard to make and is very tasty. You can make it in all sorts of different ways with lots of different tastes. I’m going to add garlic, Marmite and some paprika to this one. However, you can add different herbs to this dish.
What to buy
- Turkey meat balls
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pepper
- 5 mushrooms (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbs of marmite
- A little Basil
- 1tspn of paprika.
- Spaghetti Pasta
How to make the Italian style meatballs
- Chop and fry the onion and garlic in a pan until golden and see-through.
- Dice the carrots and the pepper and put them in with the onions. Let them cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Open the chopped tomatoes and put them in with the rest of the vegetables. Then cook for 20 minutes before adding the paprika, basil and the marmite.
- At the same time of putting the chopped tomatoes in, place the meatballs in a tray and place them in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees c to cook before placing them in with the ragu mixture. They should cook all the way through and can finish off if needed in the ragu.
- Place a portion or two of spaghetti in boiling water for 10 minutes. Before serving rinse with boiling water from the kettle.
Personal trainers last note:
This Italian style meatball dish is great to have warmed up after a hard day at work or for lunch. It has lots of nutrients to serve your body. Very high in protein and vital essential nutrients. It is a great dish with lots of variety. You can put your own twist on it by adding different vegetables or adding a different minced meat. From your Windsor based personal trainer. Enjoy your Monday meal.