Monday Meal 8: Fajita plate with Quinoa
Todays Monday meal is a meal made to go in a wrap but without the wrap. It’s a Fajita plate/bowl. I wanted to make it a little healthier than the traditional wrap so instead of the wrap I used quinoa. You could use rice or any other slow release grain. This will add more wholesome nutrition to your plate. You will find this meal very healthy but you also have some dips on the side. Which some people might find unhealthy, but it adds to a balanced diet.
The hummus and sour cream dips are there as an extra but you don’t have to have them. I just found it was quite nice to have with this food. This Fajita plate can be made with more ingredients or different ingredients. All you have to do is change your protein and add different vegetables into the dish if you don’t like the ones I’ve listed.
What ingredients to buy:
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 avocado
- 2 dips of your choice
- Fajita seasoning to taste
How to put this nutritious plate together:
- Have the chicken cut an hour before cooking and marinate in a bowl with he fajita mix and olive oil.
- Cut the onion and garlic up and fry in a pan until golden.
- Then cut the red pepper into slices and add to the pan.
- Fry the chicken in a separate pan and add to the mix when done
- Leave the whole mix on a low heat.
- Add the quinoa to boiling water with a stock cube.
- When all finished add the fajita mix and quinoa to a bowl/plate
- Add the two dips and cut up half an avocado.
Personal trainers finishing note:
If you want to have the same taste as a fajita without the warp, this is the plate for you. As a PT I find this dish very easy and very tasty to have in the evening. It can take you less that half and hour to make if you don’t marinate the chicken and hour before. If you are looking for a dish that is arguably tasty and healthy. You will want to make this. Take any Monday meal from me a Windsor Personal trainer. Who has a keen eye for nutrition and you will be way on the way to a healthy lifestyle.