Vegetable Korma with Lentils
This vegetable Korma makes a great lunch and is super full of nutrition. If you trying to cut down on the amount of meat you eat for lunch. Try alternatives that are going to give you some protein in another form. However, if you add beans and pulses you won’t get as much protein as in meat. It will give you some other vitamin and mineral that will help you nourish your body.
As long as you have enough protein in your diet throughout the day in varied forms you will make sure your body can rebuild broken down muscle tissue. One thing you have to think of if you are vegetarian or vegan especially. Is that you wont be all your amino acids from one source. You will have to eat two different foods to get all your aminos. For example, if you have a bean it will be missing methionine so you will have to add food that has that amino acid. This will be a grain, so you can add brown rice to your plat to make it a full protein.
- 1 courgette
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pepper
- red lentils (add an portion for every person eating)
- 1 onion
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Korma powder or paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up all the vegetables,
- Place the onions and garlic in a pan and fry until golden in some olive or coconut oil.
- Add in the pepper and the courgette and allow to cook for a 5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Korma powder or paste and fry for 1 minute to get some of the flavours going.
- Put in the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- add the lentils in and simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- The lentils will absorb lots of moisture so make sure you store the pot so nothing burns.
- You can serve with brown rice or if you are having lunch with some wholemeal bread.
Personal trainers note
As a mobile personal trainer in Windsor, I have found that many people are more aware of what they are eating. In terms of the amount of meat and processed foods in their diet. This is a great alternative to meat to have at lunch or evening meal. The more you think about what goes into your body the healthier it will become. You will start to see that the processed foods don’t actually do you body any good. Whereas, healthy natural foods like this vegetable korma do your body a world of good.